The North Carolina Division of Veteran Affairs has launched a new website that will focus on providing resources and contact persons for North Carolina Veterans. We owe it to our heroes to take care of them back home in North Carolina.
The resource guide highlights:
- Establishing in-state tuition for veterans,
- Waiving the commercial driver's license requirement for certain veterans,
- Expanding the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund to help veterans,
- Recognizing military experience toward placement on the teacher salary schedule, and
- Establishing veterans treatment courts that recognize the unique needs of veterans
This resource guide also provides county by county contacts for workforce offices. Take a look at the "One-stop-shop" resource for North Carolina Veterans: NC4VETS!